Leubinger Fürstenhügel, Motorway Services
Rest area redesigned: Building culture for mobility
In September 2017, Shell Deutschland GmbH was awarded the concession holder of the motorway service and had the winning design of the interdisciplinary planning competition and the recommendations of the IBA Thuringia implemented. On successful completion of the award procedure, the Federal Government and the State of Thuringia completed the project by constructing the award-winning outdoor facilities. Shell and DEGES commissioned the competition winners to implement their designs: Shell for the motorway service station, DEGES for the outdoor facilities. Construction of the service station began in October 2018. Construction of the Leubinger Fürstenhügel motorway services on behalf of DEGES Deutsche Einheit Fernstraßenplanungs- und bau GmbH and Shell Deutschland GmbH has been completed. The motorway service station and the exhibition were put into operation on March 30, 2021. The ceremonial overall commissioning took place on October 7, 2021.
Shell Deutschland GmbH will operate the facility for at least 30 years.
Momentan keine Termine
- IBA Thüringen
- MONO Architekten, Berlin
- Planorama Landschaftsarchitektur, Berlin
- DAS MOMENT Kommunikationsdesign, Berlin (now PAR Studio)
- Competition preparation and implementation:
- PAD Planung, Architektur und Design, Weimar
- Planning and general construction management for concessionaires:
- KMP Bauplanungs- und Projektmanagement GmbH
- Project management for concessionaires:
- Artelia GmbH